Air Pods & Calls Dropping

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PBz, Feb 19, 2018.

1. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

So far it has only happened about 3-5 times but I swear my Ear Pods are hanging up calls.

In the last few weeks my Ear Pods have started taking longer to connect to iPhone. Up until recently I could pull them out while phone was ringing and get them synced in time to answer/start call.

Now not only are they not syncing, even after about 10 seconds but a few seconds later I have had the call just drop. The pattern is the same.

Known issue?

2. Lee_Bo macrumors regular

Lee_Bo

No issues here but I pretty much keep my airpods in my ears all day as I don't have a door to close so I listen to music mostly until I get a call. But no dropped calls.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would try a re-pair. Under Bluetooth settings, select AirPods, forget device, and then re-pair them.

4. MattX123 macrumors newbie

Hey, same probs here. But I think I know whats the reason. In my case it only happens when I have my phone in my pocket and as it seems the proximity sensor is not reacting for calls with the airpods, so your display and touchpad is active during call. And from time to time the red hangup button is pushed by anything else but not my finger ;)

So guys, for me this seems to be a bug. What do you think? Test it and report results here please.