Air pods

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MaddieHayes, Feb 22, 2018.

1. MaddieHayes macrumors newbie

MaddieHayes

I’m wondering if there’s any chance of air pods being made as the ear piece is but with a wire attachment. It would be more secure for walking, skating, running with the cord ala Jbird style only with Apple’s great earpiece that I’m most comfortable with & happily use but need something for wireless & nothing matches that comfortable feeling. My ears are killing me from trying. Have to settle on one pair right now as the present EarPods can’t be use over the ear. Any information hopefully for this developing will be helpful for me.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple will likely never implement any type of attachment cord for the AirPods. Their whole point was to create freedom without the wires. However, there is a third-party company that does make a wired attachment for the AirPods.

Spigen TEKA RA100 AirPods Strap

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVZ4SXN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BeZJAbB4E0YD1

3. MaddieHayes thread starter macrumors newbie

MaddieHayes

--- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2018 ---
    Thanks for the information I will check it out.

4. sparksd macrumors 68020

I got one of these and it works nicely:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPZ898N

The magnetic elements connect to make a secure loop around your neck when you take the AirPods out of your ears.

5. MaddieHayes thread starter macrumors newbie

MaddieHayes

I understand that reasoning but it would put them in another market bracket that people would be happy to purchase from.
    I’m looking at it. Sounds like great idea! Thanks

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That would be a double standard for the AirPods. Even Tim Cook was quoted stating that the problem with the regular EarPods, is the weight of the wires is pulling out the EarPods. That would defeat the purpose of offering something as an alternative, when the AirPods are meant to be wireless. It’s Something Apple will likely never offer for the AirPods.

7. Bill Av macrumors regular

I'd recommend just buying the BeatsX. They have the same W1 chip as the AirPods, they're much less expensive, and they come in a few different colors. They don't seem to be too bass heavy to me, which was my fear.

8. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

9. sparksd macrumors 68020

10. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I’m not sure, because I’m not much of an audiophile, and I listen to podcasts or audiobooks instead of music about 95% of the time.