Air Port Express + Ethernet MBA Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Unprocessed1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Plugging in my ethernet cable to my brand new airport express causes the light to remain solid green, however on my macbook air, airport utility cant find the airport express even after downloading the new updates.

How can i get it to work?

help is much appreciated!

2. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

i tried accessing the airport utilities, tried several resets (new passwords and everything)... it still doesn't work. I even tried resetting my broadband modem... no luck. I have no clue what to do.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Call AppleCare. They can walk you through some steps to see what the issue is.

Edit: first try resetting your modem to see if thats the issue, then call AppleCare.

4. dudup macrumors regular

dudup

Well, that's a shame, let me see if I can help you:

1 - If your broadband does not need a login and password -- you just connect your MBA to the Ethernet adapter and after a few seconds you are online -- you don't need to do anything on your broadband modem. All you can do to make sure is turn the broadband modem off and on, just in case.

2 - Even if the connection between the Airport and the broadband modem don't work, your MBA should connect to it fine.

3 - On your MBA, go to System Preferences and click on the Network Icon. Be sure that on top of it, on Location, it is setup to Automatic, and the on the left column your AirPort is On, with a green led.

4 - Once your MBA's AirPort is on, at this very same screen, you should select you AirPort Express connection -- I can't remember what's its name right out of the box, I think it might be "AirPort Express" or "Default". Select it to connect.

5 - After that, fire up the AirPort Utility. It should connect and then you can start the configuration of your Wireless network.

5. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I actually got it working after about 2 hours, and boy was it worth the hassle!!!

6. dudup macrumors regular

dudup

That's great news! Now you'll enjoy your MBA as much as I do: never using it on a desk! :D