Air Port Express Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yOGi420™, Feb 10, 2009.

1. yOGi420™ macrumors member

yOGi420™

My *BLEEP* *BLEEP* airport express stopped showing up in itunes and I found that the power light is no longer on.. There is power to the outlet its plugged into and i even tried other outlets with no success.... This is really upsetting me now... Any ideas about what might be happening???

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

I have had the power plugs go bad, have you tried pulling them off, and re-seating? if you have another apple product (like a latptop), you could switch out for another set, or the cord.

3. yOGi420™ thread starter macrumors member

yOGi420™

I just tried your suggestion with 4 different power plugs, no luck :( Any other possible suggestions???

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

use a small pointed object and do a factory reset of the Express.

hold it in for a good 5-8 seconds until the orange light flashes repeatedly.

then reconfigure your AEX.

5. yOGi420™ thread starter macrumors member

yOGi420™

I have already tried that too. I have this bad feeling that its just "dead". I might just contact apple to see if they will referb it for me for not too much, if not i guess I have to replace it. Unless anyone has any other suggestions......:confused:

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

how old is it?
    If there is an apple store nearby, try taking it to the genius bar.

7. yOGi420™ thread starter macrumors member

yOGi420™

Its only a couple years old tops. That is why I'm so baffled by this problem. I have another one that is even older and is working perfectly still. I might try out talking to a "Genius" but they seem to know less about the problems I have brought to them in the past. :D