Air Printing YAY - Options - BOO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Nov 22, 2010.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

So we can finally print on our iPhones and iPad "natively".

Oh wait - I mean if we use a program like Printopia (great program by the way as I am sure most know by now)

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy they released Air Printing into the wild - but with compatibility with what - only 3 printers? Seems ridiculous. Again - glad there are some programs which put a band aid on this for now.

But that being said - Air Printing and the software solutions don't offer any settings control natively?

Here's hoping that with 4.5 or whatever comes next - a little more "work" is put into Air Printing.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Um yeah - no interest in changing files - and happy to fork over 9.99 to have printopia (which also can direct print/save to dropbox)

Your post doesn't offer any solution to being able to adjust printer settings via the iPhone or iPad though...

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I ran AirPrint Hacktivator. It was so easy. I don't imaging Printopia is really doing much different.

5. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

If you're happy to pay I don't know why you are complaining,

-Ams.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Did you read my whole thread before trying to be clever? ;)

AIR PRINT does not offer any printer setting adjustments. That's regardless of 3rd party solutions on the computer side.

7. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Coming.

Sent from my iPhone.