Air Scratch HD (Dual deck DJ app)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by fpo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. fpo, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

fpo macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,
    check out our new dual deck DJ app called Air Scratch HD.

View in App Store

Free Promo Codes are available in the promo code section at:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1228834

Play your favorite music directly from the iPod library and scratch, mix and apply effects in real-time.

Including...

- Smooth graphics and low latency scratching.
    - Two decks, each with individual controls for volume, pitch and equalization.
    - Crossfader control with two different curve function.
    - Automatic transitions using DJ maneuvers such as cross-fade, backspin and cut.
    - One 5 band equalizer per deck.
    - Two configurable loops and three markers per track (saved and restored upon track load).
    - Seamlessly jump between loops and markers during playback.
    - Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth A2DP audio out.
    - Connect to a Air Scratch Motion Server and control one of the decks from a real world turntable.

Update 1.1 will be available in a week, including new features like X/Y effect pad and set recording.

Attached Files:

2. Uplift macrumors 6502

managed to get it from a code and love it.. is there anyway to nudge the pitch? if it's slightly off it seems hard to get it back nudge it back into place

3. fpo, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

fpo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad you liked it. :)

There is a pitch reset button you can use. It will force the pitch to normal. It is the button next to the pitch slider (across music picker button from deck A).

You can read about all app functions in the included guide. You can access the guide at the end of the settings pane.

4. fpo thread starter macrumors newbie

5. A554551N macrumors newbie

I bought the app

I actually bought the app (didnt know there were promo codes available), and I'm in agreement with Uplift, we need nudge buttons if we're going to be able to use this for real djing. IMO, nudge buttons should be a priority feature (since it's kind of core functionality). I like the layout and design on the app, and I'd love to be able to run this live.

6. fpo, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

Thanks for the feedback.

Ver 1.1 will be available as a free update this Monday. It includes a new effects pad. You can apply low and high pass filters, flanger and echo. There is also a lock button to keep the effect continuously active.

I will make sure pitch nudge buttons are included in ver 1.2 (soon to follow 1.1 update). Version 1.2 adds a recorder pane allowing you to record the output audio. You can also load recordings in either deck or copy them to your PC using iTunes.

Feel free to send suggestions to our support email found in the iTunes app page.

7. fpo thread starter macrumors newbie

8. A554551N macrumors newbie

Great News

Just wanted to take a minute to congratulate you on your diligence. Two updates in 2 weeks! Thanks for listening to our feedback, and I cant wait to really dig into your app :)

9. fpo, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

10 more promo free codes available now! Grab them from:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13352259#post13352259

Version 1.2 will be available next week as a free app update including several improvements like:

- New recording pane (record your custom sets with scratch, transition and effects). Then load your custom recordings to either deck and play it like a regular song. You can also transfer your recordings to your computer with iTunes.
    - New pitch nudge buttons.
    - Revised look on display and buttons.
    - Resolve all issues related to playing tracks smaller than 15 sec.
    - Several audio engine optimizations.

Check out ver 1.2 screenshots below...

Attached Files:

10. fpo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ver 1.2 is out!

Ver 1.2 is out now and available on iTunes. You can record your custom mixes and use them as regular music tracks.

View in App Store

Ver 1.3 is waiting for review and should be available sometime next week. It adds great new features like:

- automatic BPM detection.
    - beat aligned in/out loops and markers (perfect loops all the time).
    - new beat based loop (from 1/32 to 32 beats).
    - manual tap BPM for special tracks auto BPM fails.

More free promo codes for ver 1.2 are available in promo codes section of the forum. Redeem quickly before ver 1.3 is out.

Check out ver 1.3 screenshot below...

Attached Files: