iPad Air - Screen Issues - What did you do?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrGimper, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Firstly, a plea ... please do not turn this thread into one debating if the issue exists, or people having OCD etc. If you don't/didn't have/see an issue with your screen, then this isn't the thread for you. The info I'm looking for is quite simple.

IF you experienced issues with your screen (uneven backlight, yellow, bad tint, "book-binding" etc), what did you do about it?

- Lived with it, moved on.
    - Returned for refund, will purchase again later.
    - Swap out, replacement was no better/was worse.
    - Swap out, replacement is better, but still not happy.
    - Swap out, replacement doesn't suffer from issues.

I'm trying to establish if people who experienced issues received a replacement that was better or "perfect" (perfect doesn't exist, but to their eyes it's perfect)

2. alFR macrumors 68020

for me.

3. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

Mine doesn't have the yellowing issue, that I can notice at least, but it does have a black line running through the middle horizontally. I'm going to get it changed in a week or two, when hopefully the screen issues are more ironed out.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Could I maybe suggest a poll would have been better?

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I had the partial yellow tint in the bottom left corner of the screen (portrait). I exchanged it last night. This one has it a little but it's only noticeable when I use the split keyboard. I will keep it for two more weeks and decide before the return date on my receipt.

Side note: I am also still considering going with the rMini once the LTE models are being sold to walk ins.

6. RTbar macrumors regular

Mine has a yellow tint on the left side and a pink tint on the right side, but I am going to keep it for a week or two in hopes that a better batch comes out... It isn't really a big deal considering you can just back the entire iPad up to iCloud and use it, and then when you are ready to exchange everything will be right as you had it.

The only downside is not really feeling ownership over it knowing you are going to exchange it, lol.

7. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

I was going to post a thread about this as well. My retina iPad Mini has a slight yellow tint at the bottom of the screen (when in portrait). It's annoying and unfortunate but something I've kind of learned to live with when it comes to Apple products. I could exchange it, and maybe I will, but my Apple store is 30 minutes away and you still have to go through the inconvenience of setting up everything all over again. I even opened my device in the store to check for any screen issues but it wasn't until I got home and spent more time with it that I noticed the slight gradient effect.

8. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

9. M Powered macrumors regular

went through the same thing with the ipad 3, returned 10 ipads and gave up. Got the ipad 4, only went through 3 exchanges and got a PERFECT one... Not sure I want to go through the hassle seeing everyone's horror stories :(

10. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

How refreshing, yet another iPad Air screen issue thread...

11. Zeusus macrumors member

Zeusus

Had the issue, went to Apple and they swapped out. Now I am happy :)

12. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Dead pixel. Left half of screen is yellow.

Returning for refund.

13. lyngo macrumors 6502a

After personally going through about 10 of them, I decided that I am going to settle on the iPad mini for now. Seems like it is a good fit so far. We will see how this works out in the long run.

14. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Crazy.... That apple wants 500 with such quality controls and 16gb.

I do not need a tablet, this is only a luxury. May hold off on it all together until next year.

15. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Returned my rMini for an Air today and I couldn't be happier! The screen is great, no problems here.

16. lyngo macrumors 6502a

Personally for me, my job requires of me to have some sort of computing device. It could be a laptop, it could be an iPad. I can be productive with both because of the apps that I can have on it. I am finding the iPad mini to be suitable in my short time with it. I can actually type on the on screen keyboard okay thus far. I would prefer the full size, but I'm not going to get a shady, mixed up screen any more.

17. bevsb2 macrumors 68000

Returned 3 because of yellow screen overall. The 4th isn't perfect but close and I'm keeping it. It has a slight yellow tinge in the bottom left in portrait but not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Overall the screen is bright and white and I'm happy with it.

18. bcorgan19982 macrumors newbie

Is there a certain serial number we can look for to get a decent screen?