iPod touch Air Sharing- free app now, cost later?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
So I found out Air Sharing is one awesome app. It's free right now on the app store.

It says it's only free for only a period of time before it will cost. Does this mean it acts like a trial, or is it permanently free once downloaded?

Does this apply the same toward future updates for this app?

Thanks a bunch.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
It's free to download for those who download it before they change the price. You will still get free updates until they release a major version and decide to make all users pay once again.

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
So I found out Air Sharing is one awesome app. It's free right now on the app store.

It says it's only free for only a period of time before it will cost. Does this mean it acts like a trial, or is it permanently free once downloaded?

Does this apply the same toward future updates for this app?

Thanks a bunch.
What does the app do?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
It's free for 2 weeks and then will they automatically charge your account. Is the $6.99 a flat fee?
Hm?

I was able to download it from my AIM iTunes account, in which I set up a year ago, at the time where no payable card/ method was required at the time.

I was still able to download it for free, with no hassle.

I think the regs say it's free for two weeks (maybe acts as a beta?), then it costs to download. I agree with QuarterSwede, that it might cost for an upgraded app later, when perfected more.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
It's free for 2 weeks and then will they automatically charge your account.
Um no. They are giving it away for two weeks. Then whoever wants to buy it after that has to pay a flat fee of $6.99 for it. A lot of developers are starting to do this to get their apps noticed without developing a "lite" version.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Um no. They are giving it away for two weeks. Then whoever wants to buy it after that has to pay a flat fee of $6.99 for it. A lot of developers are starting to do this to get their apps noticed without developing a "lite" version.
Well, awesome! If that's the case, then what developers/ apps are we looking at free as of now, and for the future?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
I just downloaded a game called Fuzzle (iTunes App Store link) that's free now but normally $1.99 and it's great, freaking hard but great.
Awesome! Thanks dude! Just downloaded it.

We should update this thread or make a new one where we find free apps that would normally cost in the future. That would be awesome!