Air Sharing vs Files vs Briefcase

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nigetheman22, Nov 1, 2008.

1. nigetheman22 macrumors newbie

Hi there, I am looking for advice for which one of these applications to buy for my current needs. Now before you say briefcase is the best because you can download files remote as well as local, what I really need is a way to transfer pictures.

I will be leaving on a 5 month trip soon and I am not taking my Macbook, only my Ipod Touch. I was hoping to use either of these applications to transfer pictures from my camera to various computers along my trip, to my IPT and from there be able to post on Facebook sync them with iphoto when I get home.

I read air sharing has the ability of dropping photos into the IPT photo app. Is this true and do the pictures stay in their original quality? Which app would you guys recommend from your experience? Thanks!

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I think it depends on the number of computers and the OS. Can you access Camera Roll in any of those?

3. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

well I dont have any experience of dealing with the OP's issue with the photos but I have Air Sharing and I have to say I have found it a really great app.

You connect to your iphone as a server i.e. 10.9.8.4 etc and then can drop in files - simple but effective. I use it for word docs etc saved as pdfs for ease :cool:

D:apple: