Air sleeve + organiser

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sesshi, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'm looking for an Air sleeve which fits into a 15" typical notebook space, and also incorporates some sort of sub-sleeve for PSU's, etc. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

2. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

There is one out there - a neoprene sleeve with added pockets on the front for such stuff... I'll see if I can track it down for you Sesshi.

Found it:

Built NY Cargo Laptop Sleeve

3. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Thanks for the suggestion. However - I was thinking more on the lines of a sleeve beside an inline separate compartment.

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

http://www.sfbags.com

They have a few bags that you can purchase as a combo along with their sleeve. They have different configurations for the sleeve, but you can get it with a top velcro loop so its a separate sleeve, but doesn't have to be removed from the bag to get the laptop out.

5. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

Take a manila envelope, tape some file folders to it, and u have an air sleeve + organizer:D

6. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

I already have the bags. The sleeve is wanted because the 13" MBA almost takes up a typical 15-inch-accomodating space in a bag but rattles around inside, while allowing nothing else hard to be put in the same space. So ideally I'd like something that could accomodate both the Air and the PSU + other bits safely inside the same cubic volume as a typical 15" notebook.

7. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Check out the Brenthaven Trek Sleeve for MacBook and MacBook Air shown in the Apple store. It appears to have what you are looking for in a case.

Neil

8. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Looks good - thanks very much. 14.5"W should be a nice snug fit.

The Built seems incapable of properly accomodating a PSU but this looks like it'll have no problems.

Any other suggestions welcome.

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

10. Berkel macrumors newbie

www.shuky.com
    They have a sleeve for the air, and the dimensions seems to be pretty good.... also doubles as a compendium... the A4 size would fit most of my documents....

11. wasabi2k macrumors newbie

12. hogprint macrumors regular

hogprint

i have been through several different air sleeves. i also have a backpack that i used to put my macbook pro in. i found the best solution for filling the void and protecting the air is the waterfield. very nice bag and offers the dimension to fill the compartment designed for a larger laptop. i bought a vertical orientation bag and added the flap. air slides in and out nicely. i had been using an incase neoprene sleeve. it was nice, very minimal, sleek, but i almost sent my air flying on a daily basis trying to work it in to the very tight opening (and yes i removed the foam shipping buck) give sfbags a try.

13. Alkiera macrumors regular

The sleeve I use is made by Case Logic; I think it was orig. designed for the standard MB, but the MBA fits inside with very little movement, and the seams near the zipper protect it from the zipper slide. It has a zippered pocket on the front that the power adapter fits nicely in.

http://www.caselogic.com/13_3_macbook_shuttle/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94978'

They have an MBA-specific sleeve, but it doesn't have the pocket. Also, mine came from University bookstore, so it has a logo printed on it on the center of the pocket.

14. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Thanks. Nothing so far that makes me go "Aha!" but I'll sift through the suggestions. I was hoping that the AC adapter could be stored in a pocket in the same plane as the notebook itself, i.e. not in an outside pocket which effectively sits on the body of the machine.