iPad Air stuck in Landscape?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HoosBruce, Nov 7, 2013.

1. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

I have had this happen a couple of times now after I have used my iPad in landscape mode for a long period of time (gaming, movies), and was wondering if this is a glitch worthy of taking it in to the apple store or if it's just something that happens? Each time I just reboot the iPad and it returns to normal, but it's still a nuisance. Also, before anyone asks, no I do not have orientation lock on.

Anyone else having this issue or have had it in the past? Suggestions? Thanks!

2. cedunn21 macrumors member

I had my Air do the same thing yesterday... Just toggled rotation lock in settings and it's been working fine since.. Maybe just a software glitch?

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My iPad 4 did this right after the last iOS update. I just went to settings and toggled the rotation lock as cedunn21 did and it has been back to normal since then.

4. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Did you turn off orientation lock? Sorry, just kidding, somebody had to be "that guy". :p

I had this happen once on my ipad3, shortly after upgrading to ios7. I thought it was a fluke, but now that I see others have experienced it, I am inclined to think it is some kind of ios7 bug. Have not seen it (yet) on my ipad Air.

Like you, I rebooted and it went away. But I like cedunn21's solution of toggling orientation lock on/off and will try that if it happens again.

5. HoosBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Has happened to on both my ipad 4 and air. I think it's an iOS 7.03 issue.

7. zaxdude macrumors regular

I had this happen to me just tonight for the first time. I couldn't get it to reset for anything. Shut down the iPad and rebooted. It's behaving as I would expect now. Odd...

8. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, this happened twice the first and second day I had my iPad Air, and it hasn't happened since. I'm not sure what causes it.

9. wjdav2 macrumors newbie

I'll chime in here too. This has happened a couple of times on my ipad 4 running 7.0.3. Turning off and back on fixes it for me.

10. macred macrumors regular

It's a normal occurrence on each of the six we have at work.

11. HoosBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now it even does it in portrait and if I change to a game that has to be in landscape it just won't switch to the opposite landscape if I flip it...it doesn't always do this but is a semi-common occurrence

12. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Must be IOS7 has happened on my Air a few times too in both landscape and portrait. Rebooting has rectified the error.

Annoying but as screen is PERFECT and battery life incredible will NOT be looking for an exchange as I think it's software based, as is the crashing of apps and safari.

13. HoosBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree with you, I won't be returning it for just that...everything else is amazing on this device