Air vent dash mount question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Missjenna, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

now that I have an iPhone XR, I can no longer use my magnetic windshield dash mount because the magnet interferes with my wireless charger. I ended up getting a new dash mount that has wireless charging, but I’m debating on where to put it. Air vent would work the best, however, is it safe to do so now that it’s winter? I always have my heat on high with the blower around half. I worry because I over heated my old iPhone 4 during the summer some years ago. Would I be better off attaching the mount onto the dash itself or will it be fine in the vent? I rely heavily on my gps for work and will drive 20-30 minutes at times during the day.

2. naturalguy macrumors regular

When I put th heat on in my car, I have it only blowing through the floor as heat rises so it's a non issue for me

3. mritech macrumors regular

Close the vent on that one that’s what I do.

I have a pro clip and the bracket made for the cat always goes in the seam of the dash or the seams of one of the vents depending on car.

4. tops2 macrumors 6502

I have the hot air blowing at the window and not towards me during winter time.

Back when I was heavily into Pokemon Go, it did make my phone warm during winter since I didn't want to turn on the AC during winter to cool the phone (and me) down! ;)