Air Video 2.4.1 working on iOS 4.2 beta 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Touchstone64, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Touchstone64 macrumors regular

Since the latest update, Air Video appears to be working well on iOS 4.2 beta 2.

2. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Can't get this app running on the net for some reason. The wifi works great, but trying to access files via 3G is not working. Something about not being able to resolve two routers, but I only have one. Seems like I've always had an issue with this app.

Gave ZumoCast a shot, and it's interface is MUCH easier to use than Air Video. However, the 3G over the net operation is horrible. Very blocky, choppy, and might as well not even use it.

Great apps in concept, but there is still some work to do.

3. shotts56 macrumors 6502

AirVideo works fine for me now on 4.2 beta 2 now that its been updated.

BBC iplayer & Sky Player still dont work, but I guess they still have a month-ish to update their apps.

4. Touchstone64 thread starter macrumors regular

I used Zumocast while Air Video didn't work, but I didn't like the idea that the contents of my video collection was stored on their servers.

I also prefer the Air Video UI :)

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Does Airplay allow you to push Photo slideshows? or single Pics? or is it just video and audio?

I think this has been redundantly covered, but this will only work with the new Apple TVs, correct? The older ones will still support audio airplay and the use of the remote app for iPhone and iPad but no device to Apple TV streaming.

The only reason I ask is that sometimes it would be great to take a photo, or display a recently taken photo off an iPhone on the TV without importing the photo into iPhoto first.

EDIT: If so can you imagine a line of digital cameras with Airplay built into it.

6. Touchstone64 thread starter macrumors regular

Airplay? Sorry, I was taking about the Air Video app. Which doesn't stream photos, as far as I know...

7. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

does anyone know which ports air video uses? i need to set my port forwarding up.

i am glad to hear it is working in 4.2.

8. Touchstone64 thread starter macrumors regular

45631 by default, but you can customise it if required.