Air Video, what's the new live TV feature?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by spinedoc77, May 17, 2010.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I've been looking on their website, on itunes description and any google searches and am not finding any information on what their live TV feature is. I'm assuming it will take a TV feed from a tuner card on a PC, but it doesn't really say and I didn't want to purchase it just to find out.

Anyone tried the live TV feature care to comment what it is and how it works?

2. flipangle macrumors regular

From what I understand it doesn't do "live TV". The new TV out features allows you to output to a TV so that instead of watching the streamed video on the "small" iPad screen, you can watch it on the "big" TV screen.

3. poseidon84 macrumors member

Which makes it into a kickass AppleTV :D

4. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Hasn't this always been possible? I use it on my iPhone like that all the time, a portable ATV. I use the Apple component cable. Is it just updated for the iPad to be able to do the same as the iPhone version could? I don't yet have my iPad.

5. flipangle macrumors regular

I have no idea. Didn't find out about air video until after I got me ipad.

6. yaroldb macrumors 6502

I use the componet cable now with my iPad and Air Video never worked. Videos, pictures (slideshow) and music works but Air Video did not. I have to give this a shot when I get home. It would be awesome to not have to convert videos and just watch them on the big screen...

7. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Oh ok, glad they have added that in then. Let us know how well it works won't you.:)