All iPads Air vs. Mini Same or different? (Specs)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xNYMetsx, Oct 22, 2013.

1. xNYMetsx macrumors 6502

xNYMetsx

From my initial impressions, they both look the same. (Except screen size) Anything I missed?

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Aside from obvious weight and dimensions...

Higher PPI on mini.

12w power adapter on Air
    10w power adapter for mini Retina. Ships with the larger power adapter now.

Other than these two, I'm still trying to find any other differences, particularly in RAM and any A7 differences.

3. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

It's likely still possible that the iPad Mini retina will only have 1GB ram, with the iPad Air having 2GB (although this is still unknown). Besides that, the iPad Mini has a sharper screen (as noted in first impressions also) because it has 326 PPI versus the iPad Air's 264 PPI (same resolution in smaller screen)

4. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

There is absolutely no reason for the iPad Air to have more RAM than the mini 2. They have the same processor, same resolution & im sure it would be less cost effective for Apple to manufacture 2 different A7s with differing amounts of RAM.

5. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Yeah you're right. Then they'd probably both have 1GB ram then.

Since by your logic, the iPhone 5s' A7 has 1GB ram, so the A7's of the iPad's should both have 1GB too then eh? Otherwise it's too expensiveeee

6. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I am hoping for 2gb of RAM, and the only reason i am thinking that is because of the 64bit architecture. It makes more sense to have more RAM at the ready to go into the futureproofing direction.

7. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Na, they already demonstrated with the iPhone 5s they don't care about that.

8. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I far as i have heard, nobody has confirmed the amount of ram in the Iphone 5s as of yet.

9. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

They have though?

Edit:

Literally the first link I found on google.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/19/iphon...re-but-its-still-the-fastest-phone-out-there/

I'm not going to post any more because I know it's common knowledge at this point. There have been people who have done strip downs and found this kind of information out.

10. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

While I am sure is probably is 1gb, I will need more than an article stating its 1gb without providing a shred of proof or reasoning on why they say that before I take it as fact.