Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazawaza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2012
In know this topic is now like beating a dead horse but here it goes anyway.

I am looking to buy either the 13 inch cmbp or 13 inch air (both baseline models) and noticed the air has a better resolution. In real life usage would that difference be noticeable? how much more real estate do you actually get? or is the difference very minuscule.

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
USA
In know this topic is now like beating a dead horse but here it goes anyway.

I am looking to buy either the 13 inch cmbp or 13 inch air (both baseline models) and noticed the air has a better resolution. In real life usage would that difference be noticeable? how much more real estate do you actually get? or is the difference very minuscule.

The difference isn't huge, but it's definitely very noticeable. I've owned both and I definitely would prefer to get real work done on the Air because of the extra space.

It's interesting, because before the rMBP's, the screen resolution in the Air alone drove a lot of people to pick the Air over the Pro. Always seemed like the Pro definitely should have a higher resolution, but who knows why Apple does the things it does sometimes.

MacKid

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2003
The easiest way to resolve it once and for all will be to go to an Apple store and lay your own eyes on the two. =)

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I'm _very picky.

I use mine for work & personal.

I have:
1) 13" 2012 MBA

2) 15" MBPr & MBPc (among others)

The difference between these two is not as dramatic as most the claims here. Sure the retina is obviously the best, yet the MBA's display is the best in its class.

Buy what you need, not what's in fashion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.