Air vs Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Tumej, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Tumej macrumors member

i want pro 13" with SSD , but it costs 200€ to upgrade. Air 13" has it already..
    if i choose Air im upgrading RAM from 4 to 8 gb with 100€, im not so sure about the SSD upgrading on Pro myself. Does it make big difference on SSD and hard drive. Is it easy to upgrade Pro to SSD myself ? Atleast it would be much cheaper than Apple doing it.
    so what should i do:

1. Buy MacBook Pro 13" and upgrade it to SSD( Me doing it ) and
    8 gb RAM ( Apple doing it)

2. Buy MacBook Air 13" and upgrade RAM from 4 to 8gb ( Appe doing it)
    or is there something else you think i should do?

sorry for my English, but i hope you get the point:eek:

2. PeterJP macrumors regular

3. Tumej thread starter macrumors member

i might buy 27" HDMI monitor, and use my macbook with it. I think Pro would be better if i can upgrade it easily. thanks!

4. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

The new 2012 MBP 13" is simply lame. By far, the worst machine out of the entire Apple laptop range. I cannot understand why Apple has let it fall so far behind.

In my opinion, the new 2012 MBA now that it can sport 8gb RAM is a far better laptop.

5. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Agreed! SSD standard, supports up to 8GB of RAM, has an HD FaceTime camera now, and most importantly (for me at least), a higher resolution (1440x900 vs 1280x800). And since you can get TB-to-Ethernet and TB-to-HDMI adapters (and USB 3.0 DVD drives) if need be, it's essentially limitless.

6. OTAU macrumors newbie

I can't help but agree. I was really hoping for a 13" iteration of the retina MacBook. But I can't really see all that much of an advantage for the 13 MBP over the MBA at this stage. Opted for the lighter laptop as I'll be lugging it around a lot :)

7. Tumej thread starter macrumors member

so it seems like the MBA is what im looking for. I heard that you cannot upgrade RAM, only Apple can do it, and when you are buying it. Do you guys think 8 gb of RAM is worth of 100€ ?

8. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Depends on what programs you run. Right now 4 GB is enough (for me), but if you want to future proof the MBA, go for 8 GB.

9. rygamble macrumors regular

Future OS X's are only going to get more resource heavy. It's only $100 on top of a $1000+ machine. Just do it.