Air2 and FaceTime video is blurry and digitized lines.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AddisonIII, Jan 14, 2016.

1. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I own an Air2 and when facetiming images are blurred and digital lines can be seen. While searching for a fix I only see issues with older versions of iPhone and iPad. Does anyone else experience this problem? If so have you been able to fix it.

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Can we see a screenshot? This really just sounds like the internet connection you have. If their are 1 million units that dont have the problem, and 50k that do, then it's not a widespread issue, not to mention, unless your camera is failing in other apps, then your talking strictly OS related, in which case apple will tell you to wipe the device, and do a restore.

3. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't yet had a chance to do a screen shot, and yes for the most part the camera seems fine. When in FaceTime,the little picture showing me on the screen looks very clear. It's everything else I see meaning the full screen video that is grainy with digital lines. The other person see's me fine with no problem.
    What strikes me odd is I tried testing FaceTime out with another iPad in my house with the same results. Both iPads used were in opposite ends of the house. As for the other iPad used to test its an ipad4 and I have never had any trouble using it to FaceTime.

4. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Then you would want to first restart the devices, just to see if that does anything. If not , then do a full restore with an icloud backup. If it does it after that, then do another full restore, without an icloud backup, and see what happens then. There is very little you can do when it's a software issue and no updates are available. Are you on the latest IOS version?

5. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I'm on 9.2 and have gone hard reset a few times,shut down and restart several times as well. In Google search I ran across others that describe they are having this happen since update to 9.0 but can't find a cure. I would think if it was a camera issue at my end, pictures would show this but don't. When I can I will try the camera in video mode and see what happens.

6. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Any luck, just out of curiosity. Logic dictates it isn't hardware related, but it's not OS related either, so call apple, tell 'em to send you a new one. They will want a deposit, but they will give it back to you once you send the device in and it's repaired / kept.

7. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Air2 is only 3 months old. Took in to Apple Store while out of state and had them diagnose the problem. End result was told device was normal. I personally feel they are wrong. I even did a FaceTime live demo showing what happens. Sadly they made one excuse after another. Oh well will cross my fingers once 9.3 drops, my problem goes away.
    Thanks for your help and advise.

8. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Get on the beta? what do you have to lose :) just restore if it doesn't work

9. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Yillbs, I wanted again to thank you for ideas. As you said about beta I just might give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained.