Airbus crashes brand new A346... Injures 10

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iSamurai, Nov 16, 2007.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

Ok... This happened on Thursday night, a brand new, spotless clean A346 crashed into a wall. the front part of the fuselage is snapped off. No one died, 3 seriously injured and 1 plane written off.

Before you start telling me A346 is incorrect... it's short for A340-600 (if you fly a lot it will appear on your tickets). This aeroplane in comparison to Boeing is probably the B773ER, well, the B777-300ER. But this Airbus, is really long.

Here are quite a few news articles
    http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=uk&ie=UTF-8&ncl=1123644924

and here's the image (so hard to find a hi-res...)
    [​IMG]

2. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

I saw that this morning, it is pretty bad, at least no one was killed.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

4. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Seems this is "de moda" this week. This Iberia Airbus overshot the runway last Friday in Quito which resulted in closing the airport to international travel for five days.

Attached Files:

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

7. BKKbill macrumors 6502

BKKbill

Ten people were injured that's everyone on the plane plus one on the ground sounds serious to me.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I never understand how people manage to run into buildings with cars and planes (unless the plane is falling out of the sky, it's kinda uncontrollable then). "I swear ossifer, that hangar just jumped right out in front of me!"

9. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

bluedevil14

10. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Yeah...oops.

Attached Files:

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Whoops !

Attached Files:

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

13. joemama2413 macrumors member

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Should've gone to specsavers more like...

15. angelneo macrumors 68000

If this is a test before delivery, wouldn't they have ensure some precautions since after all it's still a test to certify whether the plane is fit for usage?

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They have some discovery channel show on the Boeing planes being delivered, and where the employees run through the planes testing everything before the final big check is written.

No telling where this was in the final process, but I'm sure the insurance company is looking into it just as hard as anyone.

Big oops bad for everyone, but at least the blast walls worked.

17. diehldun macrumors 6502a

Wow, it's been a terrible week for the A340-600! First the Iberia incident, then Etihad... I've been following it on airliners.net until it got too depressing.

As much as I dislike Airbus, it's terrible to hear about incidents like this. Thankfully, in both the Iberia and Etihad situations, there were no fatalities or serious injuries.

18. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Duct Tape - it fixes everything!!!

Look for it at Airbus' "Refurbished Aircraft" page... :p

19. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

are you serious!? who would fly in a refurbished plane??? where's the page as I can't find it. Well, that's probably where these no-frills airlines get "new" planes such as this A346 at a really "competitive" price. :D

you know it's cheaper for Airbus to make a new plane than to tape that one up with Duct tape lol :) just kidding... some people may prefer Boeing over Airbus, and I agree with them to a certain extent, such as their B787, which took a relatively short time to develop and produce. They have, however, announced a few-month delay :p

But I think Airbus is another great plane manufacturer, and they have produced aeroplanes at really good quality. But they're not working efficiently... look at how much they've lost because of the delays for the A830.

Personally for me, I prefer medium wide-body aircraft to Boeing as I have flown in B777s for many times. It's quieter compared to the A330/340, but I do think that Airbus' A380, double decker, wide-body jet is really awesome, basing my opinions on CNN and Discovery's reviews. Well, now all for me to do is to fly it ;)

20. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

No fatalities or serious injuries with the Iberia in Quito. They just left it sit on the pista for 12 days and occupy 300 meters of runway on the north end, while international flights were cancelled, which was "injurious" for some of us who lost two weeks travel and meetings as a result. :rolleyes: