Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
California
Carbon Copy:
Quote from: harleyb
Obviously, you need Xcode installed. However, you don't need gmake or sqlite like aircrack-ng's guide says.
Open Terminal, run:
Code:
svn co http://trac.aircrack-ng.org/svn/trunk/ aircrack-ng

Now, you need to edit common.mak to build for a 32-bit architecture using 10.5 headers, and have it use gcc-4.0 instead of 4.2.

Find this line:
Code:
CC = $(TOOL_PREFIX)gcc
and replace with:
Code:
CC = $(TOOL_PREFIX)gcc-4.0

Then find this line:
Code:
CFLAGS ?= -g -W -Wall -Werror -O3 -Wno-strict-aliasing
and replace with:
Code:
CFLAGS ?= -g -W -Wall -Werror -O3 -Wno-strict-aliasing -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

Go back to Terminal and:
Code:
cd aircrack-ng
make
sudo make install

Look at the make install output to find out where stuff got placed; the tools you'll likely use are in /usr/local/bin/

Hope this helps somebody!

That was a copy of the method I am using. However I keep getting the error attached below. Any ideas anyone?

This error comes after I've:
Downloader aircrack-ng from terminal
modified the files
ran the cd command
and the make command
NOT the sudo command.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-15 at 7.27.35 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-15 at 7.27.35 PM.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 493

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So what exactly are you asking for? Sorry, but you're post makes no sense

Detektiv-Pinky

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Berlin, Germany
The OP is asking for help building a wireless network cracking tool.
Discussion of how to break into wireless networks doesn;t belong on these forums.

reported.

Don't be so quick. Aircrack-ng is a tool and he is simply trying to install it.
Yes, it is something that could be used to crack a weak encryption key to gain access to a badly secured network, but can also be part of a security audit to prove that your network is secured correctly.

I have a lot of such tools on my Mac, including Ping, Traceroute, Nessus, Cryptool and a lot more...

OP: it seems to be a common problem try to google for 'lcrt1.10.6.o'. It seems reinstalling of Xcode helps sometimes.

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
California
The OP is asking for help building a wireless network cracking tool.
Discussion of how to break into wireless networks doesn;t belong on these forums.

reported.

1.) I am merely asking for help on installing the program.

2.) I have NO INTENTION OF HACK OR STEALING AN INTERNET CONNECTION. I pay over $200/month to get a 12 down fiber connection to my house. I have no need to get on someone else's network. I merely need this program, because, for some reason, my WiFi network is not accepting the password that my tech guy wrote down on the sheet. Once I get back on MY OWN NETWORK, which I'M PAYING FOR, i will change the password, and be on with life.

3.) This is no more illegal that all the other form of iPhone tethering hacks and such that take place on this forum. If anything, stealing a tethering connection is more illegal than what i'm doing.

Detektiv-Pinky

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Berlin, Germany
1.) I am merely asking for help on installing the program.

2.) I have NO INTENTION OF HACK OR STEALING AN INTERNET CONNECTION. I pay over $200/month to get a 12 down fiber connection to my house. I have no need to get on someone else's network. I merely need this program, because, for some reason, my WiFi network is not accepting the password that my tech guy wrote down on the sheet. Once I get back on MY OWN NETWORK, which I'M PAYING FOR, i will change the password, and be on with life.

3.) This is no more illegal that all the other form of iPhone tethering hacks and such that take place on this forum. If anything, stealing a tethering connection is more illegal than what i'm doing.

Mind you Aircrack-ng can only work if your wireless is using WEP or WPA-PSK encryption. If you are running WPA2 (which I truly recommend to anybody), you are out of luck with this tool.

What do you see if you do a locate crt1. in Terminal?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Why not just reset the router, that should reset the password to the factory default?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Yes, it is something that could be used to crack a weak encryption key to gain access to a badly secured network, but can also be part of a security audit to prove that your network is secured correctly.

If this was actually the case

a) He would have his company's tech support solve this problem, or
b) They would use a better tool, or
c) They'd be using a windows machine.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My router is software based, not firmware based. That won't help. And I have WEP protection, btw, not WPA2.

If that's the case, I highly recommend you contact your tech guy and have him look at it. I also highly recommend that you don't use WEP based security, it is rather weak after all.

Also, not knowing your infrastructure, but getting a regular firmware based router may be a good move as well.

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
California
If that's the case, I highly recommend you contact your tech guy and have him look at it. I also highly recommend that you don't use WEP based security, it is rather weak after all.

Also, not knowing your infrastructure, but getting a regular firmware based router may be a good move as well.

I managed to solve my problem by using some software discs that shipped with the router. Thank you all for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.