AirDisk and system crashes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by corbywan, Oct 20, 2008.

1. corbywan macrumors regular

I know a few weeks back I was praising the virtues of my new AirPort Extreme Base Station with an external drive and printer attached to it. After a few weeks of use I'm having an issue. It's kind of a hybrid issue as it isn't networking, but it is since I have the disk attached to the AEBS shared.

My system will have a kernel panic under one (or both, not sure which is the real issue) circumstances. 1) Having multiple copy sessions running simultaneously. Meaning, I drag one file, it starts to copy, while it's going I start another file copy, and possibly a third. The file sizes range from 100MB to 2.5GB+. OR 2) Copying the 2.5GB+ file.

These are different file format versions of the same finished video project. After crunching them out to MP4, M4V and MPG (for different applications) I copy them as a backup to the AirDisk. When I try to drag them all over, after a bit my system will have a kernel panic. I then try them one at a time and have success until I get the the big file. Sometimes the big file will copy fine, sometimes there is a kernel panic. No other apps running doing anything.

Anyone else have something like this? Is it a file size thing?

2. corbywan thread starter macrumors regular

Whoa. I have no idea if this is related, but after these two kernel panics ALL of the cookies from Safari were deleted. I've had to login to every site I normally visit. I checked my cookies and they were indeed ALL gone, except for what I had to just now login to, including this forum.

Ever seen that before?