AirDroid Alternative?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by blairh, Jun 21, 2013.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Anybody can recommend me an AirDroid alternative? AirDroid is only recognizing about 11 GB of my 64 GB SD card for some reason. A little online research shows me that this is a known flaw with some phones.

I just got the S4 Active and I'd like to transfer over my music connection wirelessly if possible. I had no luck with iSyncr and DoubleTwist (both wired connections) when I owned the G Pro for a few days last month.

Keep in mind I'm using a Mac, if that matters.

A huge thank you to anybody in advance if you can help me with this.

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

AirDroid is usually my go to since Samsung phones don't play nice with Macs. If that doesn't work I just put my micro sd in a sd adapter and plug it up to the computer and drag and drop my music.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I'd rather not remove my SD card every time I want to add new music in the future. It's so annoying that AirDroid doesn't properly recognize my SD card.

4. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

it may be a bug on Airdroid/ btw, i love Airdroid. send a tip to developer.

there is another one i know of, its called Remote Desktop by
    Kołakowski Damian. hasnt been developed for a while though. if you have access to another phone, put the same card on that phone and try airdroid again?

5. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

Have you tried the "official" Android file transfer app? Software is kind of clunky and buggy, but I've never had any major problems with it.

6. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

No other phone. Remote Desktop has some shady permissions.

----------

Tried it with the G Pro last month. Did not work for me.

I'm open to apps that require me to use a cord too. iSyncr and DoubleTwist did not work for me either last month. I just want a simple and reliable app that will allow me to add my music from my Mac Mini onto my SD card. Wired or wireless.

7. MacMik macrumors newbie

Droid NAS

Methinks Droid NAS is the one you want. Free, no sign-up or third-party servers involved, works seamlessly with your Mac (uses Bonjour), and let's you manage all your files directly from Finder. :) I used to use Airdroid too and looked everywhere for better alternatives. For pure file management on a Mac / over a local wireless network, Droid NAS is a revelation.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codesector.droidnas