Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2010
South FL
Anyone use this? Just found out about it, awesome app. Can't believe it's free. Allows you to sync wirelessly to your computer through a browser, with a very nice and simple layout. Playing around with it right now as I updated some custom APKs I had, transfers fast. Basically you start the app and it gives you the IP address and code to enter in your browser and that's it, control everything on your computer. Haven't used some of it's other features but looks like it'll sync photos, music, apps, even access your text messages (like it better than Googles way), pretty much anything to do with the phone can be done through this.

no need for that dock but that's cool too, they modded an iPod dock to work for Android devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

RipsMctits

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2011
I use it simply for wireless access to my N7. Makes things real easy. I'm sure I could use it for more things, but it works really well either way. I also might use it as an easy way to enter in all my contacts from the iPhone.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I use it simply for wireless access to my N7. Makes things real easy. I'm sure I could use it for more things, but it works really well either way. I also might use it as an easy way to enter in all my contacts from the iPhone.

If you have a Google account, set it up as an Exchange account on your iPhone and you can transfer in all your contacts that way, then just sync your Google account with your N7.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I use it for the clipboard transfer and SMS mirroring.

----------

All you have to do to do that is go to iCloud.com, export your contacts as a VCF file, then go to your Google contacts in Gmail and import that file.

Easiest contact transfer you'll ever do, and you can always import the Google contacts back to iCloud easily should you go back to iPhone.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2010
South FL
I'm going to play with it a bit more, see how it is for music, photo's etc. So far I'm really impressed by it, just simple and fast, love the layout. I never minded mounting the phone as a drive, easily beat having to use the iTunes process even for little things, but this just makes things even more efficient and faster especially when your only trying to do something quick or add something like the couple APK files I did earlier.

Agree about contacts, export to Gmail, I always and still do keep them with Gmail even for the iPhones, easier then flipping back and forth to iCloud just for that. Same for my business as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.