All iPads Airdrop A Folder From Mac To iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Momoci, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Momoci macrumors newbie

I was finding a quicker way to transfer my photos from my Macbook Pro (running Yosemite) to my new iPad Air 2, found out that Airdrop might be my best bet.

So I created a folder on the Mac and put a few pictures inside tried to do a test drive. And then I open Airdrop from the Mac and dragged the folder to the iPad icon from the airdrop window, on the iPad, the screen showed the folder has been received...but I have no idea where the folder is...?

I even used file managing apps to find this folder but no luck whatsoever. Anyone has any idea where Airdropped folder saves on the iPad and how to access to the location?

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

That's one thing the Apple never implemented. Pictures, PDFs, Documents have places to open but Apple hasn't done anything with AirDrop documents that haven't been clearly identified. I'm not even sure it's saved anywhere. If it is, and you can't access it... how stupid is that.

3. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

I bet it disappered into the black hole Apple calls "Other".

In the Apple ecosystem, you're not supposed to be smart. Folders? You want too much.

4. b123 macrumors newbie

I transfered a folder containing photos from my macbook to my ipad, and the airdrop appeared to be completed successfully. However I could not find the photos on my ipad in the photos app, or anywhere else. Where are they? Why was there no error message saying the photos could not be transfered by sending a folder? This is very poor software design. I am continually disappointed with the quality of Apple's software.