iPhone Airdrop doesn't seem to work with cchide

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shenan1982, Jan 11, 2014.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Anyone find a work around? I can't seem to get air drop to work via Bluetooth when the cchide is enabled conditional media hide.

2. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Just tried and it's working fine for me between a 5S and a Mini.

3. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Using Bluetooth or wifi?

4. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

When I activate Airdrop, it activates both bluetooth and Wifi. AFAIK it needs both in order to work. This has been like this in every device I've transferred something using airdrop with.

EDIT: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5887

5. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I understand how it works, but with my settings (whatever tweak is interfering), it's NOT working.... It doesn't require a connection to a Wifi Network, it just requires WiFi to be turned on (so it can decide between Bluetooth and\or P2P Wifi connection).

Doesn't work on my iPad or my iPhone... using Bigify, CCHide, and CCToggles in regards to tweaks that modify the control center, but non should inhibit it from working.

6. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

*** EDIT *** --- This is where I eat my words. So the problem wasn't that it's not working, the problem is that I'm an idiot. I'm so used to using Airdrop on mac, where you open the finder and the other computers show up in the air drop users list and you just drag and drop, that I forgot that's NOT how it works on iPhone\iPad.

I retract my comments about it not working, it works just fine with all the tweaks I mentioned, I'm going to go an bury my head in a pond of cement now for being so stupid. LOL