Airdrop from iMac to IPad Air2 - "Everyone" only

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by VideoBeagle, Jun 23, 2016.

1. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I have an iMac with El Capitan
    I have an iPad Air2 with iOS 9.3.2

When I try to use Airdrop to send files from my Mac to my iPad, the iPad doesn't show up if it's set to "Contacts Only". If I change the iPad to Everyone, it shows up.

Both use the same Apple ID. Both are Me, I'm in the contacts...

Anyone know anything about this? :)

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Don't know how to play with this "contacts only". Just set to everyone, send file, and turn off afterwards.

3. VideoBeagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick, and depressingly expected, replies. "Doesn't work they way it should"? My..how Apple® of them!

4. cynics macrumors G3

I'm not sure I can help you with your problem however I can assure you its supposed to work.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.03.44 AM.png

I noticed from the iPad its using my iMacs device name however FROM the iMac in finder its using my full contact name not my device name. Not sure of the relevance but there is definitely a difference there.

Since you mention it works when set to everyone I'm inclined to believe the issue is something to do with your contacts. So if you haven't yet I would make sure your contacts are synced via iCloud.

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.12.03 AM.png

IMG_0314.png

And just because they are syncing across devices you may want to make sure its not through Google. I've gone as far as turning most of that stuff off in Google and utilizing iCloud only. I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not, but it might be worth a shot.