Airdrop from Mac to iPhone (HELP)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Travisimo, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I have a 2015 iMac running El Capitan and an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.2. I have some photos (JPG) on my Mac and I want to send them to my iPhone via Finder. Everything seemed to work fine: I selected the photos in Finder, clicked on the Share icon and selected Airdrop, and clicked on my iPhone icon. It showed a progress bar and said that it was complete. However, I open the Photos app on the iPhone and the photos are not there.

Am I doing something wrong? Are the photos on my phone but just not showing up in the Photos app? I tried the same thing with a family member's iPhone 6 Plus. The only difference was that it asked permission on her iPhone and she selected "Accept". Same thing happened though.. it shows a progress bar and says the transfer was completed, but the photos do not show up.

2. Travisimo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tried this again between my iMac and iPhone and everything acts like it works: Airdrop icon shows up on phone, start the transfer, transfer bar progresses and says completed, but the photos do not appear in the Photos app on my iPhone. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the photos are on the phone somewhere else invisible to me?

Am I doing something wrong? I selected a group of JPG photos in Finder, clicked on the share icon, choose Airdrop, choose my iPhone, and wait for it to transfer.