Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I am crazy and my head make smoke for this problem.
I have a Mac mini intel i7 late 2018 upgraded to Monterey 12.1, EGPU connected, 32gb ram and External hdd for my files and Time Machine .

First problem is easy Airdrop doesn't work with coming files after some times I have the Mac on.
When I send files from Mac to iPhone/iPad Pro -> No problem it work everytime
When I send Files from iPhone/iPad Pro to Mac-> Waiting stuck

The temporary fix at moment is restart or reset smc with unplug for 15 sec after shutdown. The problem start after random time I have the Mac mini started (After 1 day or after some hours).
I move often the Mac to sleep and the problem can appears also after sleep .

I tried the safely boot and airdrop work great but I don't tested for long time after start.

The second problem
The BT problem is that often I have lag with mouse (I have Logitech) or Magic Trackpad e rarely the Mac make a random "bluetooth restart" where all my bt devices lost connection for some sec .

Thx for who help me

Last edited:

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
that's unfortunate, and a problem many have experienced with the blue tooth trouble. The airdrop issue seems different and not related to bt. I would start and try a fresh install of the OS for that. I know its more time and may have no impact, but that is the first thing apple would tell you to do.

As far as the BT I have read and also experience myself issues with bt. The problem seemed to be using the USB-a port closest to the HDMi port. Just rearranging the cables seemed to help my issue. I am using both USB-a now. I have a web cam that is hardly used in the port closest to the HDMi and a back up drive to the outer port.

Hope you have some luck and let us know.

bapegg

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2019
Missouri
I sometimes have issues with air drop when trying to transfer stuff from my iPhone to my Mac mini. What I do is turn both WIFI and Blue Tooth off then back on on my iPhone which fixes the issue. I have to periodically do this when things won't transfer.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I sometimes have issues with air drop when trying to transfer stuff from my iPhone to my Mac mini. What I do is turn both WIFI and Blue Tooth off then back on on my iPhone which fixes the issue. I have to periodically do this when things won't transfer.
I tried your method and I discovered that when I off/on the wifi I can use again airdrop but with 2 problems:
1) afte few minutes I have again same problem
2) I need switch off/on 2-3 times first I can use again airdrop.

I tried also splitting my wifi network (The default option of my modem make 1 unique network name with 2,4 and 5 ghz) but after 3 days again the same problem .

I am tired that my Mac work at 100% but I can't use airdrop for send the iPhone/iPad files to Mac

I tried to delete network preference wifi "delete wifi" and "delete plist" method but after restart I have my wifi with all option and connected to my router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.