Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iceman46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Krško, Slovenia
Can anyone tell me, why do I have my AirDrop like this:

There is no Everyone option - I can't share to IOS 8...

tnx!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 12.36.35.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 12.36.35.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 179

JoelBaka

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
It's the same for me. But in my case I'm on a late 2009 MacBook with 'old' Bluetooth, so for me I think that's the problem. (Not all features are available on 'older' mac's and I guess this is one of them. Very bummed but I'll live!)

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Can anyone tell me, why do I have my AirDrop like this:

There is no Everyone option - I can't share to IOS 8...

tnx!

It looks normal to me. Is there supposed to be something special there?
2009 MPB

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I managed to get it to work, but I don't know exactly how. I tried both sending a image to my Mac, and toggling AirDrop on and off from CC. Now it's working fine.

Also, the phone will only show up in AirDrop if it's not in sleep (I don't know if this is how it always worked because I haven't used AirDrop much before).

Edit: but I don't know why you have no options in Finder.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Should work over wifi as well, I too get nothing shown

Your Mac has to have the right BTLE card, in order to receive Handoff from another BTLE device.

I can handoff fine between my iPhone 5 and iPad Air. However, My MBP late 2011 does not connect with my iPhone or iPad Air, even though it tries for several seconds. If I had the right BTLE card in the Mac I could.

TheChallinor

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
Your Mac has to have the right BTLE card, in order to receive Handoff from another BTLE device.

I can handoff fine between my iPhone 5 and iPad Air. However, My MBP late 2011 does not connect with my iPhone or iPad Air, even though it tries for several seconds. If I had the right BTLE card in the Mac I could.

I tried to find a list of supported Mac's online but I guess until Yosemite is realised we won't be able to check online.

Presume 2011 models lack wifi direct then.

iPhone 6 plus and iPad Air work fine together.

l3it3r

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
Just chiming in that my 2013MBA works fine with Airdrop to my iOS 8 devices.

Haven't put 10.10 on my iMac or 2011MBA yet though, so can't speak to them

TheChallinor

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012

But it uses WiFi direct as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.