Airdrop issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by artnotwar, Apr 5, 2012.

1. artnotwar macrumors member

Ok, my girl and I each have an early 2011 MBP running OSX 10.7.3. Normally Airdrop works ok, but every now and then it doesn't work, and my girl and I each have to force quit finder and relaunch which normally fixes the problem.

Lately when we try and use Airdrop, I get this error message when trying to send anything "The Apple ID certificate for “Artnotwar's girl” is invalid. The transfer has been canceled."

If anyone can come up with a solution to get my Airdrop working again I would be more than happy.

2. dmsquare100 macrumors newbie

Yes I know.

I know what you mean. I've had this problem too. I would advise you to go into your user under system preferences and check if you have multiple Apple IDs. For some reason, if you have more than one, it doesn't recognize both as valid. The one that you might have acquired since the upgrade to iCloud is you @me account. Take that one out and you should should be fine.

3. artnotwar thread starter macrumors member

I just realised I never replied to this thread. I'm still having the same problem, I never did fix it. I looked in system preferences, and I don't think I have more than one Apple ID. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

4. artnotwar thread starter macrumors member

I have also re started both computers with no luck. I don't know what else to do.

5. ericsvizeny macrumors newbie

Try to go to disk utility and repair your disk permissions, seemed to work for me!

- Eric

6. artnotwar thread starter macrumors member