AirDrop only one way

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patent10021, Mar 22, 2014.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Two MacBooks with Airplay. Older MacBook has itself and the newer MacBook in the AirDrop window, but the new MacBook only has itself and not the older MacBook in the AirDrop list.

For some reason the AirDrop window of the newer MacBook doesn't show the older MacBook.

Any ideas?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Hi

I'm already doing that.

Plus, Im already using AirDrop and seeing the new MacBook on my older MacBook.

So AirDrop is working the way it should on my older MacBook. But for some reason AirDrop on the newer MacBook isn't seeing the older MAcBook.

I guess enabling AirDrop on the older MacBook using Terminal DOES enable AirDrop BUT it still doesn't get recognized by newer MAcBooks. Which is weird because even the hack should work.

4. snorkelman, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

If I remember correctly I think you need to run same command on the the newer machine too?

Basically you're widening airDrops scope of acceptable connections to allow it to work on the older machine, so the newer machine wont recognise it if its still only looking airDrop peers that adhere to the expected default standard.