AirDrop shortcut borked + Safari highlighting text

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by lamboman, Apr 5, 2012.

1. lamboman, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

lamboman macrumors 6502

Can people please try this, just so that we can see if this is a bug or not:
    1) Remove AirDrop from the sidebar.
    2) Set their view as column in the window (third button from the left)
    3) Close the window
    4) Press command-shift-R to bring up AirDrop.

Hi all,

AirDrop's "command-shift-R" and menu shortcuts have broken for me, and now brings up this:
    [​IMG]

If I resize the window I get this:
    [​IMG]

If I add AirDrop into the sidebar in the preferences, the shortcut works again. AirDrop functions absolutely fine.

Before this, I uninstalled VirtualBox, and it was working fine. Deleted completely unrelated files (VirtualBox files ONLY, I can confirm this, as I've done this on two machines and both have the same problem).

Also, sometimes when highlighting and deleting text in Safari, either completely different bits of text are deleted (the cursor basically jumps), and it will also sometimes highlight the text that moves into the space of the text I have just deleted. This has happened with Pages too. Any ideas?

Many thanks all!

2. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, so it turns out that it isn't as borked as I thought. But just a simple request, please could a few people do the following, just to check if this is a bug:

1) Open Macintosh HD, click the column view button (third from the left in the View row of buttons).

2) Close the window, then press command-shift-R (or go to the "Go" menu, and click AirDrop).

Do you get the same results as my first post?

Please let me know :)

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I just tested this, and I do not get the same result as you. The AirDrop window comes up properly. I tried it with each view mode, in fact, and it worked properly each time. Not sure why it's not for you.

jW

4. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply, downloading Lion now to try a repair install, in the mean time, anybody else have this issue (or possible a fix)?

Thanks!

5. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for the double post. Mal, did you have AirDrop in your sidebar just out of interest?

Thanks!

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yep. Works fine if I click it there too.

jW

7. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

If you take it out of the sidebar, does it have the issues as above? Sorry to be a pain, but thanks for your help!

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just tested, and yep, continues to work just fine. Something else going on, I guess.

jW

9. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Not worth a reinstall I don't think, even though I've just done this (and restored through a Time Machine backup).

Bug feedback sent to Apple just in case.