AirDrop Still Broke

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by wolfpackfan, Sep 15, 2014.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I was hoping PB3 would fix my AirDrop problem. I am still unable to connect to my Mac running PB3 with either my iPad or iPhone running IOS 8 GM. The devices just do not show up in Finder - AirDrop. Now one thing I don't understand, in Finder where do I control whether Everyone, Contacts, etc. can connect to AirDrop. I see nothing there that has that.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

What model Mac do you have? If it is MBA 11 or newer, do you have bluetooth turned on on both devices? If I am not mistaken, the iPad has to be on the home screen to receive AirDrop.

3. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

It is a 2013 Mac mini. Yes BT turned on, on both and on Home Screen.

4. Jeeg macrumors member

Yes it still does not work.

My iPhone cannot see the Mac, yet the Mac can see and send files to the iPhone no problem.

Running Yosemite DP8 and iOS8 GM.

5. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Same setup. I can't go either way with mine. I was hoping this was something that PB3 would fix. I've filed a feedback report. Hopefully GM will fix it. This is a feature I would use a lot, so really hope it will be fixed. I am getting an iPhone 6 on Friday, so will see if that combination will help.

6. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Thinking some more about my AirDrop problem. Is it possible that my Mac doesn't have the right kind of BT? My Mac is a 2013 Mac mini. I really don't think it is on the IOS device side. My iPhone and iPad can see each other fine.