Airdrop

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cclloyd, Jul 11, 2012.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Do you think Apple will add something like AirDrop in iOS 6 before the GM to compete with the SIII's instant file sharing? Since it's already in mac, I see no reason that they don't bring it or something similar to iOS.

2. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

Airdrop would be really cool, but iPhone does not have a file browser or something like that that would be able to find and select files, apps, music, etc. I'm sure Apple could figure something out. :]

3. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Cool idea, maybe even just a file pool, that can open to an app that it was designed for? But maybe thats not 'simple' enough for apple.

I'd like to see a way to share media on iOS devices, like if you have a video on your iPhone and want to show it to a few people on your iPad.

4. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I originally thought when AirDrop was announced/released for the Mac that adding it to iOS was part of the 'big plan'...so far I'm wrong!

Hopefully they'll do something with it for iOS soon :)

5. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I see no reason that they can't add an airdrop app, with push notifications, that could also act as a file manager within a folder that you can do whatever you want with the files you receive, along with special folders for your camera roll.

As you can see I might not be the best in putting my ideas into words, but that's apples job.