Aireport problems after sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lilrichie, Jun 6, 2007.

1. lilrichie macrumors regular

Hello,

Just recently after i have my Powermac 1.8ghz go to sleep for a long period of time 3-4hours it will wake up but wont detect the wireless network.

The only way to get it to detect the network is to unplug and plug the router from the wall socket.

any ideas?
    Rich

2. epiphany macrumors regular

Are you running the latest software update on the OS? There were two versions released a month or so ago; the first one screwed with my wireless link on my Netgear router, but the second one fixed it.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=301299&highlight=wireless+software+update

Before that 2nd version, I had to go into the Library folder and delete 3 files (I remember something like 'com.apple.? cache files) Those particular files were mentioned in another post on macrumors.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Had that on my macbook never found the problem was a real PITA! Sold it :(

4. lilrichie thread starter macrumors regular

According to Software Update their are no updates available for my system at this time, i just went to reboot my router and when it came back up my mac couldnt find it and i had to un-plug it and plug it back in for it to discover it again.

I haven't updated my router the only i have applied recently is the patch to make itunes compatible with plus.

This is a hard one.

5. epiphany macrumors regular

What OS are you running? What was the last Software Update installed?
    Have you turned everything off, including the computer, and restarted, starting with the router first?

6. lilrichie thread starter macrumors regular

I am running OSX Tiger with all the updates that software update has provided.

• Turned Computer Off, Router Off, Turn Router On, Then Computer [WORKED]
    • Turned Computer Off Router Off, Computer On Router On, Then while in osx loged into the router admin page to reboot the router and this is where the problem starts.[DOSENT WORK]

7. epiphany macrumors regular

Hmmm.
    Well, in my case, Netgear was very specific about turning everything off starting with the gateway, then the wireless router, then restarting, first with gateway,(wait for connection), then the router, (wait for test and connection), then the computer. You do need to be initially hard-wired to the wireless router on that reboot.

I, too, noticed that I
    I've been snooping around to find out which 3 files MacFixit had recommeneded removing prior to rebooting. They have of course archived the info for members only, but I did find this:
    http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=2005093011343164
    Halfway down the page you will see this:

"Delete specific .plist files [Useful for: System will not automatically reconnect to network after sleep, slow wireless throughput, cannot connect to router]

Try deleting the following files from the ~/Library/Preferences/ directory (this is the Library directory within your User folder):

com.apple.internetconfig.plist
    com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist
    com.apple.internetconnect.plist

You may also have to run Disk Utility to repair permissions in the keychain.

I hope this helps...