Airfoil signal flow??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lalalandguy, Sep 2, 2010.

1. lalalandguy macrumors newbie

Hell all,

While using Airflow I noticed I am unable to mute my MAC'S internal speakers so that audio only comes out of my externals via airport express. This has become frustrating since there is a latency issue when playing back through my externals.

Can someone help me with muting the internals while streaming audio through the externals?

Also, I tried to 'mute' the comps internals by plugging a headphone jack into the comp. Interestingly enough, when plugged into the headphone jack the earbuds acted as a microphone and so did the internal speakers and audio was returned via the external speakers.

Can someone explain the theory behind that?

thanks in advance to those who respond!

2. iHenning macrumors newbie

iHenning

I'm looking into something similar.

My mute button works fine on the internal speakers while using airfoil, but I would like it to Mute airfoil instead. Is that possible?

And my headphones doesn't do anything else than being headphones while using airfoil. I can listen to safari as intended while spotify stream to airfoil. But I would like to mute airfoil when someone call me, without switching to airfoil and select mute.