Airframe + from Kenu Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djr222, Oct 3, 2014.

1. djr222 macrumors newbie

Ok , I Phone 6 arrived early, Check

Had not ordered what I wanted( case , car holder) Check

Went into panic mode check

Have a proClip on order Check (on back order)

Emergency plan get a Airframe +

All I can say is great service fast shipping and a great product, I have tried in air vent holders before to be to say mildly upset that they really did not work, this is a rock and it holds iPhone 6 with a body glove cover on with ease

I don't want a suction mount as my dash is leather and feel that won't get a great hold with out using some form of glue, hence ruining leather when took off

I am 100% happy with the Airframe (no I don't work for company)(and yes I paid for it)

To be honest I was realy thinking get the Pro clip and send it back, thats not happening, so portable can use in hire car or my wife's, when mine is in garage

try it out it worked for me , hope this helps someone out

Dave

2. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I am a fan as well. Really great for rental cars.

3. C-Dub macrumors member

4. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm currently testing out an iPhone 6+ but I had an iPhone 6 last week and took some pics of my smaller Kenu Airframe in use. I took these pics for another forum since the vents aren't exactly the traditional ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No damage to my vent.

[​IMG]

These pics were taken with my Moto X (2013)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The phone is very sturdy and doesn't feel like it will fall out at all. Surprisingly, the 6+ does fit in the normal Kenu airframe but it's without a case and it's very tight. I'm waiting on my airframe + to see if I still want to keep the 6+ or go back to the smaller iPhone 6. I'm a little concerned the 6+ will block my car's screen too much. :(

5. Glene macrumors 6502

I have a 6+ and the airframe + - very nice fit...

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I'm still using my Airframe for my 6. It's still a nice mount, but it's a little annoying to get the 6 in and out of it, most of the time the entire mount comes off when trying to get the phone out.

7. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Doesn't fit with my 6+ and Spigen Neo Hybrid case. It does however fit the naked 6+, but barely.

8. ChubbyChubbs macrumors member

With or without a case?

9. Lyn2012 macrumors regular

I bought an Airframe+ to use with my 6 Plus and also found it hard to get the phone in and out of the airframe, and virtually impossible one handed. However the worst problem was that my phone kept tilting towards the floor and if I had a cable plugged into the 3.5mm jack, this would end up resting on the car and when going over a bump in the road my phone would completely disconnect from the car speaker system. Since changing the mount for a Proclip/Brodit one I have had absolutely no problem at all.

10. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I find that happens as well. It's was a fantastic mount for my 5, absolutely loved it. But it's a little more troublesome for the 6.

An additional issue, and it's not the mounts fault, is that because of the size of the 6, and the placement of my vents, parts of the screen are obstructed by my steering wheel and windshield wiper switch.

11. xmango macrumors newbie

I have been using Kenu Airframe for my 5s for almost a year now. It works quite well with one hand but ends up blocking the air vent. In summer, you miss the a/c and in winter, it heats up the phone, which is not good. for past few months, it has started to tilt towards one side annoying further. for my upcoming 6+, I'm considering http://www.iottie.com/Product/Detai..., Galaxy Note 4,3,2, Galaxy S5,S4 Smartphones

12. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

I bought the exomount originally, but returned it for the airframe. Love the look and feel. Nice how you can put it in the cradle one handed. Good customer service and fast shipping.

13. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I bought an Airframe in August for a vacation in Italy where we were renting a car in the boonies of Sicily and it worked very well.

Caution to those that are considering it, I find it's terrific as a situational mount for those off-days that you need it in a rental car. There are better mount solutions for a phone that lives in a mount in your car 365 days a year that are more sturdy, hold the phone better, and keep it consistently in proper view.

BJ

14. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj