AIRMAIL? Can anyone comment on it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SD-B, Jan 8, 2015.

1. SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

AIRMAIL

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airmail-2.0/id918858936?ls=1&mt=12

Can anyone possibly comment on this one please?
    Good?
    Bad?
    Etc?

I have multiple Gmail accounts and love the software MAILPLANE 3 for it as it basically gives me the same features of going into Gmail on the web but without having to do that as i have to many Google addresses in which to sign in and out of.
    On Mailplane i can sign in and out of each account OR keep each one open, plus, I am able to look in all the folders, which I found i couldn't do with all my gmail accounts in the regular Mail app. but so far don't know anyone using it. AIRMAIL that is.....

So I do use that one and then I use various Rogers, Hotmail, Apple mail a accounts that i run through MAIL but am curious about this AIRMAIL app

T.I.A.

2. chrispfeiffer21 macrumors newbie

I use Airmail, I find it great. It works better with my Outlook.com accounts than Mail. It's got some useful features, but like most software, you'll need to give it a try to see if it suits your needs :)

Personally however, I would recommend it.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Airmail works. Takes a long time to open for me. I don't use it...just got it for testing.

You should be able to see all your Gmail folders (labels) in Mac Mail if Gmail (on the web) is set up properly.

4. diegie macrumors member

After more than 7 years working with Apple Mail I was looking for some change. Just to see if other apps had more productive features.

Came across Airmail 2 and installed it. Everything looks great, beautiful and it has some very useful features (sort of task-management in a mail-app).

But the only thing that prevents me for using it and ditch Apple Mail is the CPU usage (on Yosemite). It's always using more than 30/40% CPU and more memory than Apple Mail.

Unless they fix this, I'm keeping Apple Mail.

5. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

The developers behind Airmail are absolute scumbags and I will never purchase another piece of software from them as long as I live.

I paid for Airmail 1.x from the MAS and whilst it has a nice interface it was missing lots of features and was pretty buggy. All the 1.x users submitted bug reports and recommended it to their friends.... and generally helped make the software successful.

Then they release Airmail 2.0 as a different product on MAS, which means that none of their loyal fans get to update to it... oh yea, and its now priced 10 times higher and they stop all development on 1.x.

Not cool and not the sort of people I want my money going to.

6. Tigerman82 macrumors regular

I do agree that the pricing of Airmail 2.0 sucks (especially for the customers of the original Airmail). However, it is a solid e-mail client. I've set up Gmail, IMAP and Exchange accounts and the app feels more solid with a simpler UI than Yosemite Mail.

I actually got Airmail 2.0 for free as the makers sometimes give out promo codes in their Facebook page and in their website. You have to be lightning quick though as the promo codes get used within 1-2 minutes. You can also use the Beta version of this app for free (I used the free Beta for months and my mother has it running on her Mac).