airmail for university email

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by impulse462, Oct 31, 2013.

1. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Hi all,

I have 2 emails: one is my normal gmail and the other is email through my school which uses gmail. So I can go to gmail.com and then type in ****@berkeley.edu and then it will take me to berkeleys "login" page and from there I can read my school email using gmails interface and features.

I haven't been able to get this to work on airmail, however. I set the incoming mail server as "imap.gmail.com" and the outgoing mail server as "smtp.gmail.com" but I still can't access my email.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. lina231 macrumors regular

You may not be able to link them up because its not an actual Gmail account, but rather an .edu account using the gmail interfaces. My boyfriend who is in graduate school had this same problem because his .edu account uses outlook.

3. mangotears macrumors member

My school uses the same system, and it works for me using my university password.

Recently, my school changed email extensions from @iit.edu to @hawk.iit.edu when switching to gmail's servers.
    For all practical purposes, the inbox is mirrored but airmail only lets me configure it with the latter. Maybe its the same for you - check the address you are logged in as when you are in gmail's interface.

[​IMG]

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Mine is the same way. I can't login into my .edu account on airmail or outlook. It never goes through. I need a way to fix it, because I really hate going to the gmail.com website just to check my email.

5. dominicrn macrumors newbie

Airmail should work with Google Apps, We have also set auto-detection this means you'll proposed to login without entering any fields.

6. maubrey macrumors newbie

How to add berkeley accounts

So I can get it to work with Airmail. Just follow the bmail instructions for Thunderbird. The part I forgot to do was use my google key.

Here is the link to the instructions:
    https://kb.berkeley.edu/campus-shared-services/page.php?id=27069