AirManila by Civilian Lab for MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bbbshrimp, Mar 20, 2008.

1. bbbshrimp macrumors newbie

2. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting... this looks like it could be just what I'm looking for. Hopefully they can get the size right and use some decent leather. Looking forward to some reviews soon.

3. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Just received my ManilaMac one yesterday (Thursday) and couldn't be happier. Would be willing to try this as well, but would prefer to wait to see reviews first.

4. bbbshrimp thread starter macrumors newbie

I emailed the maker (www.civilianlab.com) on the weekend and was told that they'll be shipping out a very limited quantities in early April for the early-birds, then the rest of us (I just ordered one now:D) should be getting them in mid April.. can't wait.

I noticed this morning that they updated some more photos of the AirManila sleeve. They look so cool! Here are some screen-capture that I did. Hopefully I can do a real review of the case soon...;)

Attached Files:

5. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Just ordered myself one now. Mid April delivery according to them. Can't wait. The ManilaMac and my UKWrappers will protect this baby for the time being.

Looking to sell the In Case Neoprene Sleeve for the MacBook Air as well (brand new).

Looking to sell the Orion Incipio Asphalt Grey Sleeve for the MacBook Air as well (brand new).

These are over in the marketplace right now.

6. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

They just sent me these pics... Looking good to me.

Attached Files:

7. ACfly macrumors member

Do they carry the plain brown/yellow color of the Manila envelop rather than the black?

8. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

If you're looking to get the brown/yellow color ManilaMac, check out my thread over in marketplace as I'm looking to sell mine, I have 3 cases right now and this was received last Thursday (last week) even though I waited about 4 weeks for it to be delivered to me.

9. super98111 macrumors member

It is like SJ's envelope.

10. I3eXa macrumors 6502

I was waiting for something like this....nice work, looks good.

11. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Any more comments/reviews about this sleeve? I am going to get one maybe tonight!

12. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

I just received my AirManila last week and I couldn't be happier.

First, it is very well made. The leather is high-quality and there is a wealth of padding. In fact, it is really the only sleeve so far that I'm confident would survive a fall.

And, it's also much cheaper than other solutions. The shipping was fast, and it fits the MBA perfectly. There is absolutely no space on either side of the computer.

Definitely go with the AirManila. You won't regret it.

13. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

$55 seems pretty high to me. I'll keep looking for something cheaper. I just need a formfitting sleeve to keep errant staples and grunge in my briefcase from getting up into the fan slots.

14. brudy macrumors member

I like this sleeve. It's looks good, very well made and heavily padded, and I think worth the $55. It's great if you want to throw your MBA in a backpack or something that has no padding whatsoever. If you've got a little padding in the bag and you're just trying to give the MBA some extra protection, the bulk might not be worth it. But it is a very nice sleeve.

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that looks like a nice sleeve. not sure i'll get one though. i tend to like backpacks better

16. jackfrost123 macrumors 6502

What is the padding made of? Is it neoprene? I heard these offer hte most protection

17. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I picked up a little $21 neoprene sleeve at Best Buy yesterday. It's a little big, sized generic 13-15", but it does what I want it to do. And, yes, it's 21 bucks. Fits in my briefcase easily. Keeps crap like staples and gunk out of the fan slots.

18. stevin macrumors regular

Thats funny. I'd be worried having a case thats way to big for my MBA... My MBA was swimming in my white macbook 13.3 in neoprene case. so i bought special MBA case for 10 bucks shipped off ebay :p

I'd love a vaja, but cant afford one.. anybody have a really nice really thin really cheap leather case?