Airoirt Utility 6.0 + SSID/pass mismatch

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tech198, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Do you guys like the new Airport Utility version 6, thats just out?

Personally, I hate it. Apple scrapped allot of stuff, including the profiles and the ability to change profiles configurations based on location .... This was one thing I sent feedback on, but only lasted a while... ah well..

On the plus side, its more simplfied for the average 'joe'. This also gets me, coz allot to advanced stuff, like printers, AirTunes disableing etc.. are screapped too.. logging info etc you could turn on/off as an advanced user if you wanted. Also, it seems that now, by defuaft, Apple have disabled NAT AIrport, relying on the users router instead.

Thiis used to give it the 10.x.x.x range.. a different subnet. I'm guessing this is done by turning on NAT only on Airport 6.0? I always preferred this, setup.

Also, if you have two networks (Airport Express in this case, and wireless router), both with same SSID & Passwords set. will you get a mis-match and not be able to connect to the the AP ? If so, if order for me to set this up, i'll need to temporarly diasable wireless on my routers AP.

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

Well the last firmware release screwed up my Airport Extreme so I had to revert. This new utility needs it (or the one that comes with this utility).

I have no plans to upgrade as I am tried of having new releases f-up otherwise perfectly working devices.