Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steedyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Hi. My Imac is pre 2011 (or 2010) not exactly sure and doesn't have the 'Airplay' facility built in. I've purchased 'Airparrot' but the lag is ridiculous. I can see my imacs mirrored screen on my Television no problem but when i try and do anything, even something as little as move the mouse the delay on the t.v is anything up to a minute. Any suggestions?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi. My Imac is pre 2011 (or 2010) not exactly sure and doesn't have the 'Airplay' facility built in. I've purchased 'Airparrot' but the lag is ridiculous. I can see my imacs mirrored screen on my Television no problem but when i try and do anything, even something as little as move the mouse the delay on the t.v is anything up to a minute. Any suggestions?

Maybe your router is too slow?

PS I use AirServer.

steedyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Its a standard SKY router. I get download speeds of 1.2MB Max - does that sound too slow?

steedyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
please forgive me but how would i find this out?

----------

Also i've just got Airserver but again that won't work with my mac as my mac doesn't have airplay feature. I can mirror my ipad and iphone but there isn't an option on my mac to do this.

My main reason for wanting to do this is that i want to mirror XBMC from MAC to tv via APPLE TV 3

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
AirPlay uses Intel hardware compression (Quick Sync) that's only available on more recent chipsets. AirParrot does not.
Doesn't help your ISPs Sky router is probably borderline crap. ISP routers generally are.

Solutions:
Wire your ATV directly to the router, don't use it's WiFi.
Wire your iMac directly to the router, don't use it's WiFi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.