Airplane chargers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JurgenWigg, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

Hey guys, I'm going to be going to Italy for study abroad in about a month (excited already!) and need to bring my laptop to do work on, etc. Yes, it's more than just vacation ;)

However, it's also a 9 hour plane trip (to frankfurt), a 3 hour layover, and then another several hour flight to Rome. My macbook gets about 3 hours of battery life, so while I'm not going to be using it the whole time, it'd be nice to be able to use it without concerning myself too much about battery life.

I'm flying Lufthansa, and I heard that more and more, longer flights/bigger airplanes now have ports on arm-rests to plug in and get charged. Does anyone know how this works with the macbook charger, if lufthansa has these ports, and where to get an adapter?

2. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

Unless you're flying Business or First Class, you should take a really long extension cable with you. :rolleyes: But the good news is that Lufthansa is finally installing in-seat displays on its intercontinental flights (I know, all other air lines had this for years), so you might get a chance of playing with their computer instead of yours. Anyway, you'll need an adapter for charging your 'book from European sockets.

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Call Lufthansa and ask. An increasing number of airlines have power to the economy seats. The MacBook charger only works on certain airlines, iirc.

This may help you.