Airplane Mode diminished my Battery...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paratel, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Last night I had about 50% on my iPhone's battery so before I when I went to sleep I put it on Airplane mode so that is would not use the phone, wifi, etc. Woke up this morning expecting to find at least some charge still left but there was nothing!! Anyone else experience this before?

2. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Wow. You shouldn't have lost really any battery. I used to keep my Touch sleeping for days and barely any battery life was lost. Really, the phone is like a Touch when in airplane mode. Did you look in you usage and see if was doing something in the night?! An app running? Either that or the battery indicator wasn't correct when you went to sleep.

3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

There might have been an app that didn't close properly and was still running in the background with some stuck process or something. Restart the phone and it should fix you right up. Actually I think it's beneficial to turn it off and on at least once a day to help avoid problems like this (happened to me before too).

Due to issues with dropped calls I swapped the sim card with an old phone and threw the iPhone on airplane mode to continue using the apps and music that's on it.

My current usage is 10 hours 30 minutes with 3 days 15 hours standby. Battery shows a little less than half.

It's amazing how long the battery lasts with the cell service turned off.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yeah, something is not right there. When I went to China last year, I put my phone on airplane mode and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Obviously I wasn't using it hardly at all.

5. gt1948 macrumors regular

gt1948

same here

I updated to 10.5.5. yesterday and 2.1 when it came out. One of these I think is the culprit.

I shut the iPhone down this morning after getting the red line and then rebooted by docking the phone later and had a full charge showing.

The phone appears ok now.