Airplane mode not working...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eshroom, Nov 16, 2010.

1. eshroom macrumors 6502

So I switch my phone onto airplane mode and go into my job interview in digital marketing. About 45 minutes into a great interview some sweet sweet reggae music starts coming from my phone.

I used limera1n. If I switch airplane mode on and call my phone it won't connect, but it seems after some time it will.

Anyone else had this problem? Any fix (I guess next time I will just switch my phone off)?

2. gnychis macrumors 6502

.... is this music ringing or the ipod? I'm assuming ringing :p

Are you using SB settings to try and turn it in to airplane mode? Doesn't seem to work with iphone 4... go directly through settings

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The SBSettings Airplane toggle works on my iPhone 4 w/4.1. I just tried calling myself and it went straight to voicemail without ringing.

4. gnychis macrumors 6502

must have gotten updated which I missed :) i will fire up cydia!

5. eshroom thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what's weird. It does go into airplane mode (I didn't use the toggle), but it appears that at some point during the course of an hour, while still showing the airplane in the top left, the phone reconnects to the network, and during a job interview no less.

6. dgstan macrumors 6502a

The bottom line is that any company that isn't down with the reggae probably isn't the type of company you'd want to work for.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

And this is the winner of the "best advice of the day" (Nov 16 2010) award :D:D:D