airplane mode?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mathewbhavnani, Apr 30, 2015.

1. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

For airplane mode on the watch, was its default set to mirror my iphonr for you guys?

Or did you have to turn mirror my iPhone on?

2. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

From memory, you have to turn it on by yourself.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

How could it mirror the iphone?

If you put the iPhone into airplane mode, it cuts the connection to the watch.

Airplane mode on the watch and phone have to be managed seperately.

5. Theydonboi macrumors member

You'd better ask Apple, as the option is there. And it's On by default. I took mine off the other day, as it was useful to disconnect Bluetooth headsets from the Watch.

6. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

Maybe it sends out the signal before turning the radios off.

You do have to turn off airplane mode separately on the iPhone and Watch though.

7. maliu macrumors 6502a

No, if you click mirror iPhone in the Airplane setting which ever device you turn on airplane mode will also switch the other. You can put your phone in airplane mode from the watch.

----------

I just tried it. I could turn it on with the watch but it didn't turn it off.

8. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

The mirror part only works when you switch on the airplane mode. It's actually make sense, as you said, once it switched to airplane mode, the connection cuts off.

This single direction function looks a bit silly, but it make my life easier. Sometimes when I want to switch all my devices to airplane mode, I realise that the seat belts makes me a bit hard to pull out the 6+. Also, one switch, and then all safe, which is actually not bad at all.

On the other hand, due to system limitation, we must switch off airplane mode one by one. There is no other choice yet. But in my experience, It's actually OK, because by that time, I usually just leave my seat and stand up, very easy to pull the phone out. And also, this action serve as a final check that I do carry my phone, but not leave it in the seat pocket.

9. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

There is no way this option can mirror between devices, by definition.

If both devices are in Airplane mode, they can't talk to each other.