Airplay Access to Apple TV missing on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rchawks, May 4, 2014.

1. Rchawks, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014

Rchawks macrumors member

I haven't had a single glitch with my iPad 4 gen in the last year and a half until now. Apple TV is on and running but I can't seem to find the icon to use it wirelessly with my I pad. I've done this a thousand times but its gone. Any idea what's going on here?

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

3. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

No it asked for installing update I stuck with iso 6, I love it the way it is on the iPad. Apple TV offered a update also but I declined. I'd like to know about the apple update before I would install. Tonight was the first time Apple TV offered a update.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Access to Apple TV missing on iPad

So when double clicking home button and swiping to the right there is no airplay button?

I'm thinking that there might be a small possibility that if your Apple TV is running an older version, it might not work because of the non current version of software, but I'm not sure. Don't hold me to it. It's just a possibility.

5. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

Correct just as you said it's missing after the double click. It's been flawless and used a lot before now. As it stands everything is set just the same software wise. Iso 6 and original setting on Apple TV. I was afraid of updating Apple TV because of possible conflict problems I don't know about if any.

6. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Hmmm. I'm thinking it may be because of non current software. Have you tried basic trouble shooting steps, ie making sure they are on the same wifi network?
    I have had no problems with my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro or iPod touch (running iOS 4.2.1) streaming to my Apple TV third gen on 6.1

7. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

Not yet I'm just now trying to understand what happened and searching for opinions on what the update does or doesn't do. The last thing I want to do is update to the Apple TV if I'm require to update to iso 7 software on my iPad. If that's the case ill stop using airplay with the Apple TV and do without that feature which would not make me or my wife very happy with apple.

8. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

It depends on what version you are currently are on.

9. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

It took a while but I did find a solution someone else has thought of. To those of you who's interested in this you're not going to believe it, lol!
    Go into setting on the IPad
    General
    International
    Languages
    Change to any other language other than English
    After it resets the language change the setting back to English
    Fixed.