airplay and airprint compatibility thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macswitcha2, Nov 22, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Can someone make a list of some of the compatible TV's and Printers that can work with the iPad's new features. I would love to know witch tV and printer works great.

2. owen-b macrumors 6502a

Printers: http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airprint.html

As for which TV's Airplay works with, it doesn't. It works with the AppleTV box, which you then plug into your telly using HDMI. So, I guess the answer is, all TVs that have an AppleTV connected via HDMI :)

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Does AirPlay audio support multiple connections? Can you AirPlay audio to your Apple TV and your AirPort Express speakers? Or is it just one at a time. With AirTunes on iTunes or through the Remote App, you can use more than one output at a time. If I am working out in the yard I often have music playing on the Apple TV connected to the surround sound stereo and on the AirPort Express speakers plugged in in the garage and pointed into the backyard.

4. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! Looks like apple tV just got more appealing. Soooo on my Christmas list, i want a compatible HD TV and a AppleTV.

5. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

"airplay and airprint compatibility thread"

This oughtta be a short thread.

6. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I found a download that made all of my printers instantly compatible. I've used it on both Windows 7 and XP (enabling Guest for both).

The link is : http://elpamsoft.com/Downloads.aspx

Now I don't know if the link will be removed but just Google "Airprint username password" and it is the first MacRumors thread to appear. Credit to elpalm for this and many thanks. It's working 100% for me with my HP deskjet 940c on XP and 7.