Airplay and Grooveshark

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by andiversen, Nov 22, 2010.

1. andiversen macrumors newbie

Is it possible to use Grooveshark to stream to a Airplay device?

2. pilotfisher macrumors newbie

Yes it is. Two ways;

From iPhone/iPad/iPod etc, you will need to have the older version of the grooveshark app. (The one that was released in App Store, no pulled). The newest version of Grooveshark found in Cydia is much better, but it does not have the Airplay function for some reason. Will hopefully come soon, though.

From Grooveshark for mac, you'll have to download an application called Airfoil. Airfoil can stream any audio from your mac to airplay-devices.

3. andiversen thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for the answer...

I also contacted Grooveshark and they said that it would take some time before that service is available:

"Hey Andreas. That would be sweet. Unfortunately, this would take some time. I will certainly pass this suggestion on to the mobile team, though."

It's because i'm planing to buy a Libratone Beat but if it's gonna be possible to play grooveshark etc thru AirPlay's i'll rather wait for a device that has the Airplay function...

4. danmcg macrumors newbie

I just stumbled across this thread. I know I'm resurrecting a dead one, but I found a workaround that is ok until we get the real deal:

1. Open Pandora
    2. Start a station playing
    3. Select the Airplay device you want to stream the music to
    4. Switch to Grooveshark
    5. Start playing whatever you want. Pandora should fade out and Grooveshark will pick up using the same Airplay device you had selected.

Sometimes it loses it and I'm not completely sure why, but it works pretty well...

5. daviddst macrumors newbie

Hello,

Do you know where could I download an old release of Grooveshark (with Airplay support) ?

Thanks