AirPlay and iOS 6 do Not Get Along

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iBreatheApple, Jun 16, 2012.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I know we have a "flaws" thread, but I feel this deserves a thread of its own. It seems, in my situation anyway, that Airplay has quite a few issues that need to be sorted out before the golden master. When I'm streaming audio to my AppleTV (whether it be from the iPod, Songza, Pandora, Safari, etc.) the entire OS becomes very unstable. Some apps crash more than others while AirPlaying but certain ones like Facebook hardly even let you open them before an almost instant crash. If I discontinue the AirPlay stream, I instantaneously have much more stability and can open apps as *normal.

Anyone else have similar issues?

*Still have periodic crashing of apps as it is beta one, but not even remotely close to that of when AirPlay is active.

2. alex4xplane macrumors newbie

3. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I'm not sure if you are trying to say that I need to wait for the fourth beta or if you're just saying to wait for another beta. In any event, I'm not complaining, just wanting to share and converse about a (major, IMO) imperfection.

I also want to urge people to report it to Apple if the are experiencing the same as some of us use AirPlay quite a bit. :apple: